Did you ever wonder why convenient, healthy, and affordable food can be so hard to come by?
VegReady was born from this simple idea. That in 2018, making better food choices should be as easy as clicking a button. Busy schedules and the desire not to break your bank should not exclude anyone from the many benefits of healthy plant-based foods. Oh, and one more thing, the solution should not be a freezer stacked with stale frozen foods. Veggie or not, we all deserve better.
That's why our CEO, Mark Perlmutter, set out to create the perfect product that would answer all these questions. After identifying Peru as the first country on our planet to outlaw using GMO food, Mark sought out expert food developers who could take on this momentous task and moved to Peru to finish R&D. Together, they crafted the most flavorful and convenient plant-based meals around.
To ensure the highest quality, each step of our production is carried out by a single provider. From planting the vegetables and quinoa in the hills of Peru, to harvesting, cooking, and packaging, we look after your food every step of the way. And thanks to the technology of natural food-processing, our meals contain no chemical preservatives and don't have to be frozen to stay scrumptious and nutritious. And with our 12-month shelf life at room-temperature, you can be sure you always have healthy food within arms reach.
No refrigeration. No heating. Just open, eat, complete.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What will I be receiving each month?
In month 1, you receive a cardboard Case containing 8 custom-built MealBoxes, each with 3 dishes. Each MealBox is decorated with mouthwatering images of our food. As a bonus, each MealBox comes with a pamphlet outlining the benefits of two plant meals per week for our bodies and our planet. These meals are perfect for eating on-the-go, or gifting a meal to a friend or relative!
In month 2 and beyond, you receive a smaller cardboard Case, also with 8 meals and the same 24 dishes, but no MealBoxes — so less packaging! We recommend you save the MealBoxes from month 1, as these are perfect for transporting and/or gifting your month 2 meals to friends.
What do the 8 meals consist of?
Inside each VegReady monthly delivery you'll receive:
- Main Trays (8 total): Quinoa & Lentils; Blond Quinoa
- Sides & Sauces (16 total): Spinach & Broccoli; Eggplant Ratatouille; Tomato, Mango, Peppers & Hearts of Palm; Lentils & Piquillo Peppers; and Zucchini & Onion
Each meal consists of one Main Tray, one Side, and one Sauce. In the near future we will have more new and exciting dishes to add to our VegReady menu!
Do I need to refrigerate or freeze the meals?
No you don't! Part of what makes VegReady meals so convenient is that they don't need refrigeration or freezing. Whether in your kitchen cabinet, or desk drawer, you don't have to worry!
What is the shelf-life?
Each of our dishes has a 12 month best by date at production. See the best by date on your VegReady dishes.
Are the meals organic?
While we are not certified organic, we use 100% non-GMO ingredients in all of our dishes. We are planning to obtain an organic certification in the future, but have postponed doing so for the time being to maintain the affordability of our meals!
Are the meals vegan?
Yes! We are proudly a vegan company. All of our meals are 100% plant-based, for our health, the planet, and the animals.
Are the meals gluten-free?
Yes. While our ingredients do not contain gluten, our meals are produced in a facility that handles several allergens and some of our dishes contain a warning that they may contain traces of gluten. If you have a gluten intolerance please be advised.
What are the ingredients?
- Blonde Quinoa: Cooked quinoa (water, white quinoa, glucono delta-lactone (a natural acidifier), and salt).
- Lentils and Quinoa: Cooked quinoa (water, white quinoa, glucono delta-lactone (a natural acidifier), and salt) and cooked lentils (water, lentils, salt and citric acid).
Sides and Sauces:
- Spinach and Broccoli: Spinach, Broccoli, sunflower oil, distilled vinegar, balsamic vinegar, onion, garlic, salt and ascorbic acid.
- Zucchini and White Onion: Zucchini, white onion, sunflower oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, basil, spices (black pepper power, dehydrated oregano) citric acid, ascorbic acid.
- Piquillo Pepper, Cabbage & Lentils: Piquillo pepper, cabbage, hydrated lentils (water, lentils and citric acid) water, balsamic vinegar, sunflower oil, salt, potato starch, cumin, ascorbic acid and citric acid.
- Tomato, Mango, Hearts of Palm & Peppers: Tomato, mango, palm hearts, water, piquillo pepper, tomato paste, onion, jalapeno pepper, distilled vinegar, coriander, lemon juice, salt, potato starch, cumin powder and parsley.
- Ratatouille with Tomato, Eggplant & Zucchini: Tomato, eggplant, zucchini, piquillo pepper, artichoke, onion, celery, sunflower oil, salt, potato starch, capers, citric acid, and ascorbic acid.
What is the calorie content of each meal?
Each meal contains 1 Main Tray, 1 Spinach and Broccoli dish, and 1 Sauce dish. Depending on which sauce dish your meal contains it will vary between 392.5 - 427.5 calories. Although a low calorie meal, these are whole foods, making them both satisfying and useful for those desiring to control their calorie intake.
- Blonde Quinoa: 130cal
- Lentils and Quinoa: 130cal
Sides and Sauces:
- Spinach and Broccoli: 210cal
- Zucchini and White Onion: 87.5cal
- Piquillo Pepper, Cabbage & Lentils: 87.5cal
- Tomato, Mango, Hearts of Palm & Peppers: 52.5cal
- Ratatouille with Tomato, Eggplant & Zucchini: 52.5cal
Where do you deliver?
We currently deliver to all 48 contiguous states of the United States with a flat shipping fee of $9.95. We also deliver to Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada, with a shipping fee calculated based on your location within.
How do I pause my subscription?
To pause your subscription, visit your customer portal or email us at team@VegReady.com.
How do I cancel my subscription?
To cancel your subscription, visit your customer portal or email us at team@VegReady.com.
Do the meals contain chemical preservatives?
No! Our meals contain no chemical preservatives. Instead, to preserve our food, we use a natural process known as 'retort' (similar to that used with cans of food or jars of spaghetti sauce!)
Is VegReady packaging as good for the planet as it could be?
Our packaging is not where it needs to be, and we're working on that, but it is still a huge footprint reduction when it replaces a burger meal! VegReady is designed to help meat-eaters begin eating more plant meals easily and affordably. By helping people switch from consuming animal products to plant products on a regular basis will add up to a massive positive effect. As a reminder, our individual MealBoxes are only sent out in Month 1, which reduces the packaging for our monthly subscribers!